Whenever I want a complete, well rounded look--I wear this concealer. It makes my eyes look radiant and more awake especially since it contains an ingredient that gives a pearly shine. Although it is a very lightly pigmented product, it is perfectly fine for a concealer to be lighter than your foundation.
Translation: Yes. Black people can use this.
Product Description: Look refreshed and energized with Skin Food's Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream. Reduce the appearance of dark circles around the eyes with the extracts of salmon. Salmon Dark Circle Concealer #2 is designed for those with darker skin tones. For lighter skin tones, try #1.
|Marker demo: the left has concealer and right does not.|
As you can see, this concealer has pretty decent coverage. You can also see how flash may affect how the concealer reflects light and covers. If you have extremely severe under eye circles (hopefully no one has it as bad as this marker) don't have high expectations for this concealer. Especially after several hours of wear.
- I would like to include an ingredient list to confirm how "natural" it is, but I have no clue where to find one. That's the biggest drawback for me.
- It can be fairly pricey, costing as much as $15 (it can cost less though) but it is a great product with cute packaging that will last possibly forever given the ginormous size. I do suggest doing alot of sleuthing because you want to make sure you are getting the right product. I bought mine on Ebay (contact me if you want to know the seller) but you can buy this on Momomango, Amazon and Sasa. Make sure whoever you buy from has QUALITY reviews so you don't get scammed.
- Also it's best to apply with a clean concealer brush for sanitary reasons. Using your finger in any make up product can shorten the lifespan. You know. Germs and dead skin and such.
- It's kind of a pain to apply this cream if your skin is dry. I strongly recommend using cream/moisturiser underneath before applying this. But not TOO much.
- Like Korean BB cream, if you are NC45 and darker please be LIGHT in your application. Though these products are workable for darker than tan skin, you have to be mindful and adjust your usage accordingly.
If you need major coverage this may not be right for you.
- Application: ★★★☆
- Ingredients: N/A
- Cost:★★★☆ Overall: ★★★☆(2.5/3 out of 4)